Who should attend?
Anyone involved in:
- Conducting or participating in business negotiations
- International partnerships
- Managing multi-cultural projects
How will I benefit?
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the principles underlying the Harvard Method of Principled Negotiations
- Discover the different preparation steps as a key differentiator in your negotiations
- Use a simple but effective structured methodology for preparing and conducting successful negotiations
- Understand how negotiation is defined by category strategy
- Understand your style and the different styles of your negotiation counterparts
- Appreciate the behavioural aspects of negotiation, in particular with regards to cultural differences
- Apply proven negotiation techniques to influence decisions
- Deal with difficult negotiation situations (e.g. monopolistic markets) and difficult negotiators
What does the course cover?
- The negotiation process: preparation and planning, engaging in dialogue with the other party, developing proposals, assessing limits for trade and closing
- The Harvard Method “joint problem solving” negotiation technique: people, options, interests, standards
- The Four Quadrant Negotiation Preparation model
- The impact of dealing with different cultures in negotiations
- The significance of different personality types and how emotions can impact different negotiations
- The importance of inter-personal contact during the negotiation, both in face-to-face meetings or by electronic means
- Influencing and the effective application of leverage
- Understanding the mindset of your counterpart (top tips for Sales negotiators)
- Dealing with difficult negotiation situations and inter-personal problems with your negotiation counterpart
Approximately 50% of the course is taken up with role play negotiation exercises from which feedback is given to the whole class to illustrate key teaching points.
Dates and venue:
For in-company solutions, please contact our Business team : firstname.lastname@example.org
Course fee: €1 450
(All prices excluding V.A.T)
*Early bird pricing is applicable if booking is made 60 or more calendar days before the start of the course
Full payment must be received 4 weeks prior to the session unless training is funded by an OPCO (applicable to France only).
Cancellation Policy: We require four weeks written cancellation notice prior to the start of the course. After this period, we will charge cancellation fees as follows;
Two to four weeks prior to the start of the course = 50% cancellation fee. During the two weeks before the start of the course or in the case of a No-show = 100% of total amount will be charged. Please note that name changes are accepted at any time.
AirBusiness Academy reserves the right to cancel any course up to four weeks prior to course commencement. A full refund of the course fee can be provided upon written request. AirBusiness Academy will not be liable for any other expenses incurred by course participants (i.e. airfare or hotel charges)