Who should attend?
- Airline managers involved in fleet planning and procurement, asset management, strategic planning, finance and operations
- Manufacturer analysts with customer interfaces, particularly those in sales and marketing
- Asset management finance and contracts managers
- Analysts and managers of aircraft leasing companies, banks, appraisal firms and insurance companies
How will I benefit?
This course will enable you to:
- Have more insight into aircraft selection and acquisition processes
- Examine the techniques and methods which are used by airlines to analyse aircraft
- Know how airlines organise fleet planning and the aircraft evaluation processes
- Follow the example of a major European airline’s evaluation process
- Use economic analysis techniques through a comprehensive business case
- Understand key issues facing airlines and manufacturers regarding aircraft availability and financing
- Comprehend financial analysis: investment valuation, sensitivity analysis and leasing vs. purchasing
What does the course cover?
- Current and emerging industry trends
- Basic aircraft evaluation principles
- Qualitative aircraft evaluation criteria
- Aircraft evaluation for a major airline
- Aircraft selection: airplane direct operating cost, cost breakdown by categories, choosing aircraft type cabin
- Risk vs. reward evaluation – focus on aircraft performance
- Aircraft utilisation and productivity impact
- Aircraft standardisation?
- Analysis of investment in aircraft: cash-flow estimates, airlines cost of capital, measuring profitability: NPV, IRR
- Leasing vs. purchasing aircraft
- Business cases
Dates and venue:
- 1 - 3 April 2020 - Airbus Leadership University, Toulouse
Course fee: €2 000 / $2 400
Early bird fee*: €1 600 / $1 920
(All prices excluding V.A.T)
For in-company solutions, please contact our Business team : email@example.com
*Early bird pricing is applicable if booking is made 60 or more calendar days before the start of the course
Full payment must be received 4 weeks prior to the session unless training is funded by an OPCA (applicable to France only).
Cancellation Policy: We require four weeks written cancellation notice prior to the start of the course. After this period, we will charge cancellation fees as follows;
Two to four weeks prior to the start of the course = 50% cancellation fee. During the two weeks before the start of the course or in the case of a No-show = 100% of total amount will be charged. Please note that name changes are accepted at any time.
AirBusiness Academy reserves the right to cancel any course up to 21 days prior to course commencement. A full refund of the course fee can be provided upon written request. AirBusiness Academy will not be liable for any other expenses incurred by course participants (i.e. airfare or hotel charges)